ART, ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN TOUR
2 - 10 JUNE 2023
Join Japan expert, Robert Day, as he travels through Japan to uncover the "essence" of Japanese design and highlight its brilliance while immersed in the wider Japanese culture.
This tour will visit Tokyo and Kyoto with the option to extend the tour to Kanazawa. You will experience:
• Great contemporary architecture including works by Toyo Ito, SANAA, and Tadao Ando
• DOCOMOMO and Modern Architectural classics
• The National Museum of Western Art by Le Corbusier
• Historic and traditional Japanese houses & buildings in Tokyo and Kyoto
• International and local art exhibitions
• 21_21 Design Sight by Tadao Ando
• Jiyu Gakuen School by Frank Lloyd Wright
• Historic Temples and Shrines in Kyoto
• The chance to meet with Japanese architects
• Enjoy a range of delicious regional Japanese food.
Cost: $5,100 AUD per person twin share*, $5,600 AUD per person single. (*If you are travelling with a companion). Exclusions & Conditions Apply.
We can also offer you a package to extend your stay in Japan. Just ask for details.
** Experiences noted above may change depending on availability.
Architecture / Design / Art
Tokyo, Kyoto & Kanazawa
2 - 10 June 2023